Friday, December 7, 2012

It's been about a year since I "quit" smoking.

I put "quit" in quotes because I didn't quit the habits or gestures(though I did quit the nicotine), I just switched to a different satisfaction called "vaping." You may have heard of electronic cigarettes, and you've probably seen people using them while out and about. If you're a smoker and you're tired of stinking, give them a try!
There are some DOs and DON'Ts when getting started that I would like to share with you.

DO

  • research what you want and what your options are. Do you want a cigarette sized device or does form factor not bother you that much?
  • research multiple vendors and look at reviews in reputable places.
  • go to the e-cigarette-forum and ask any questions you may have in the newbie section. 
  • ask me if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help you out!
DON'T

  • get one from the mall. They're generally overpriced and not very good hardware.
  • spend more than 50 dollars starting out unless the vaping community recommends the product and vendor.
  • expect it to feel exactly like smoking. It doesn't, but it's very close. 
  • and I mean DO NOT order anything if you're underage. 18 and up means 18 and up. 


I'll post more later about my personal preferences.

1 comment:

  1. That's a really nice thing you have done by stopping that bad habit. You have not only saved urself but also saved others. The smoke creates so high POLLUTION that affects others too. Great achievement I would say.

    ReplyDelete